Glacial Ridge - Native Plant Popup Sale
We are hosting a fall native plant pop-up sale from Glacial Ridge Growers in the Friends School of Minnesota parking lot!
When: Saturday, September 19, 8:00 a.m - 1:00 p.m.
Where: Friends School of Minnesota parking lot, 1365 Englewood Ave. in St. Paul. The sale entrance is on the Albert St. side of the school, with the entrance line approaching from the corner of Englewood and Albert.
What: A wide selection of Glacial Ridge Growers' native plant list and a smaller selection of their perennial (non-native) plant list — plus seeds from the Friends School spring list (see below).
Pricing: 3 plants for $10 (3.5" pots) or a mixed flat of 18 for $55, tax included.
Payment: Cards and checks only for the Glacial Ridge plants... checks and cash only for the seeds.
Masks are required and social distancing limits will be observed (you may have to wait to enter).
Here is the Glacial Ridge plant availability list. It includes many of their sun and shade native plants, plus a shorter list of non-native perennials. The plants have descriptions listed on their website.
Background: Glacial Ridge Growers is a founding vendor of the St. Paul Farmers Market, but has not been able to participate this year due to space constraints from COVID. As a partner with Friends School Plant Sale, we hosted them for a popup sale in our parking lot in May, and are doing it one more time for fall planting. Fall is a great time to plant perennials, especially native plants!
Friends School Plant Sale will also be selling the last of the seeds from our spring list at the sale. Prices will be $1 per packet, 6 packets for $5, or 13 packets for $10... the seeds will be CASH or CHECK ONLY. Buy seeds now so you're ready for next spring, especially the early-season plants!
- Beans, Blauhilde, Henderson's Stringless Black Valentine, Mbombo Green, and Succotash
- Beets, Detroit Dark Red
- Buckwheat, Takane Ruby (good for micro-greens!)
- Carrots, Black Nebula, Cosmic Purple, Danvers Half Long, Nantes Coreless, Paris Market, and Purple Dragon
- Corn, Popcorn, Tom Thumb
- Corn, Sweet, Blue Jade
- Cucumbers, Burpless Hybrid, Little Potato, Muncher, Parisian Pickling, Spacemaster, and Suyo Long
- Gourd, Bottle, Cucuzzi
- Melon, Cantaloupe, Petit Gris de Rennes
- Peas, Alaska Garden, King Tut, Mammoth Melting, Sugar Magnolia Tendril, Sugar Snap
- Pumpkin, Howden, Jack-o-Lantern, Jarrahdale, Kakai
- Radish, Chinese Shawo Fruit (micro-greens)
- Squash, Summer, Patisson Panache Jaune et Verte, Zucchini and Zucchini, Golden
- Squash, Winter, Burgess Buttercup, Butternut, Delicata, Lakota
- Watermelon, Royal Golden
Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org (but if it's about plant availability, please wait until the list comes out! thanks).
Facebook event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1165333620520510