Doing the Sale
Seeds & Bulbs
Seeds and bulbs/bareroots will be different this year
All the plants we’ll have at the 2021 sale will appear on this site on March 1, even if they are packaged as a seed, a bulb, or a bareroot. However, you won’t be able to put those on your shopping list because they won’t be for sale in person at the plant sale May 6–9.
You will only be able to order those ahead of time at 2021plantsale.com starting on March 1. There will be a link to that separate website from each seed or bulb/bareroot. (We’re sorry we can’t integrate the two sites, but it’s not possible technically and it’s really hard to explain.)
- Seed orders will be shipped directly to you by U.S. postal service.
- The seeds we’re selling are all intended to be ones that you can direct-sow into the ground and still get flowers or an edible crop this season, rather than have to start them indoors. If you want to start them indoors, you can, but it shouldn’t be required.
Bulbs and bareroots
- Bulb and bareroot orders must be picked up curbside during the plant sale, Thursday–Saturday, May 6–8.
- You do not need a shopping time slot to pick up your bulbs and bareroots. If you are shopping at the sale, you’re welcome to pick them up at curbside after you shop for plants.
- The list of bulbs, bareroots, and tubers is similar to the ones we have had in past plant sales (mostly perennials, plus dahlias, potatoes, and a few herbs).
The online store for seeds, bulbs, and bareroots will open Monday, March 1, at 8:00 a.m. and close on Wednesday, April 28, at 11:59 p.m., so order by then!