Doing the Sale
Friends School Plant Sale takes the COVID-19 pandemic very seriously and has made many changes to have a safe sale.
This is the basic outline of our full COVID preparedness plan as it affects shoppers:
- The number of shoppers is being metered through an advance-signup system, which will also allow for contact tracing, if necessary.
- All volunteers and shoppers are required to wear masks over their nose and mouth when on the sale grounds unless inside an enclosed personal vehicle.
- Mask is defined as: if sewn, consisting of at least two layers of material (no single-layer bandanas, scarves, or neck gaiters). If manufactured, a surgical mask or N-95-type mask that does not include a vent. Face shields can be used in addition to a mask, but not alone.
- No food or drink is for sale on site.
- Everyone is asked to maintain social distancing of at least six feet between people, whether volunteers or customers.
- Volunteers will go through health screening.
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers will be placed at entrances and other locations.
As state guidance from the Department of Health changes, our planning and official preparedness plan will also change.