Doing the Sale
Friends School Plant Sale takes the COVID-19 pandemic very seriously and has made many changes to have a safe sale.
This was the basic outline of our full COVID preparedness plan as it affected shoppers in 2021. We will update this page by March 2022 for this year's sale:
- All volunteers and shoppers are required to present proof of vaccination OR a negative COVID test. More details of the negative testing requirement will be provided as the sale gets closer.
- All volunteers and shoppers are required to wear masks over their nose and mouth when on the sale grounds, inside and outside, unless inside an enclosed personal vehicle.
- Mask definition: N-95-type masks (without a vent) are preferred. If sewn, masks should consist of at least two layers of material (no single-layer bandanas, scarves, or neck gaiters). Doubled-up masks (surgical and fabric) are also good. Face shields can be used in addition to a mask, but not alone.
- Food and drink for sale in the Garden Fair must be consumed outdoors in the area near where it is for sale.
- Everyone is asked to maintain social distancing between people, whether volunteers or customers.
As state guidance from the Department of Health changes, our planning will also change.